ITIN Application | Back Tax Filing | Ridgeland, MS

Serving the entire United States  |  769-300-8338

"Dedicated and Reliable Professionals!"

RESTORATION TAX CONSULTANTS INC.-logo Click here to download the 2018 Tax Updates

We Are Not The IRS!

itin hero

Apply for an ITIN

An ITIN will serve as your identification number for filing your taxes.   Restoration Tax Consultants, Inc. is well-equipped to guide you through the ITIN application or ITIN renewal process.

Why do I need an ITIN?

"The entire team at Restoration Tax Consultants was absolutely amazing! They were always quick to respond to all of our questions and the answers were straightforward and thorough.  The staff offered us expert help at every turn, and even when we came across stumbling blocks which could have caused us to despair, they were there, advising different options.  We highly recommend Restoration Tax Consultants to anyone."


Nitaben and Chandrakant – Jackson, MS

Let’s say you’re working and earning money in the United States but you don't qualify for a Social Security Number. An ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, sometimes called a PIN, Tax ID or Taxpayer ID) will serve as your identification number for filing your tax returns. If you do not qualify for a SSN, you will need to apply for an ITIN.


Here's what else your ITIN does:

  • It allows you to get a refund from your income withheld by the IRS, if you qualify.

  • It allows you to file your taxes and claim dependents you support in the United States.

  • It may allow you to open a bank account or apply for a mortgage loan.


So your ITIN tax ID not only help you file a tax return, it ensures you get the refund you deserve as quickly as possible.


What documents do I need to apply for an ITIN number?

To begin the ITIN application process, you will need to bring:

  • A U.S. federal income tax return (if not prepared we can prepare it for you)

  • Your Passport or TWO (2) of the following documents: (including at least one identification with photo and one identification from your country): - MUST BE THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENT OR A CERTIFIED COPY

  • National Identification Document (this must be current, and include your name, photo, address, date of birth, and expiration date)

  • U.S. driver's license

  • Foreign driver's license

  • Birth Certificate (required for a dependent unless a passport is being submitted and the passport has a date of entry into the U.S.)

  • State I.D.

  • Foreign Voter's Registration card

  • Visa issued by the Department of State

  • U.S Military ID card

  • Foreign Military ID card

  • U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services photo I.D.

  • Medical (for dependents under age 6 only)

  • School records (for dependents under age 18 only)